Thursday, August 15, 2013

Mini Hauls & Drugstore Savings


I blame (and thank) Emilynoel83 from Youtube for recommending 75% of the items in this haul. I hate it when Youtubers & beauty bloggers recommend good products ;)


Recently, I've been on the prowl for some new black eyeliners. My favorite liquid eyeliner was drying up on me, & I didn't even own a black pencil liner. Emilynoel83 recently uploaded a video about what she does and doesn't recommend in the eyeliner category. For my liquid liner pick, I chose Milani’s Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Liner.  I went with Milani again for my pencil pick, going with their Liquid Eye Pencil.


I’ve only tried these two eyeliners less than a handful of times each. The Eye Tech pen was really disappointing when I first tested it out the day I bought it. The color hardly lived up to its shade name of Blackest Black. After trying it a few more times, it really has delivered on the color, but I’m still testing out its staying power. The Liquid Eye Pencil has proven to be extremely black and hasn’t given me too much trouble. I haven’t worn it for an extended amount of time, but I’m expecting good things.


The best part about this three item haul was the savings. Milani is a more expensive brand at the drugstore, & it isn’t sold at any cheaper superstores near me such as Target, Walmart, or Harmon. Both of these liners were close to $9 & $10 at my local CVS. They were on sale for Buy One, Get One at 50% off. I also had a $5 off $15 coupon. I got a Spoiled Nail Polish, which retails at $1.99 so I could hit the coupon threshold. The color I got was Hit The Brakes because I’ve been wanting a more classic red nail color for the chillier months. My total ended up being a little over $10, which was almost the full price of the more expensive Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Liner. Definitely worth waiting for a sale!


I also wanted to include this Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Palette in Sunbaked Neutrals, which I got the day after my jaunt to CVS. I've actually bought this for my sister, who doesn't really wear makeup (How are we even related? I know!), a few months ago for her birthday because it's so adorably small and compact, but also has all neutral shades. 
 
This palette had been on my mind since then, but I never felt an overwhelming desire to go out and buy it for myself. Amy from AmyLynnBeauty on Youtube had mentioned this in a drugstore favorites video. Emilynoel83 had also recently blogged about this little guy. Cue me going to my nearest Walmart and picking it up. I must note that it is almost half the price at my local Target and Walmart compared to CVS. It reminds me of a mini version of the Wet n Wild Camfort Zone Palette & seems great for the upcoming fall season. I've only used it twice, so I don't have much to say about it. I have been happy with the looks I got out of it though.

That post was much longer than I intended it to be, but apparently I had a lot to say! Reviews on these products will be up sometime in the near (or probably distant) future. What have you been picking up at the drugstore lately?

disclaimer: These products were purchased by me. I wasn't compensated to do this post. All opinions are my own. Please do not take my pictures without my permission!

1 comment: