Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Essie's In the Cab-ana


Although summer is now long and gone (in my mind at least), I recently had been trying to use as many bright summer-y polishes before I become loyal only to the on trend dark polishes of fall and winter.

I remember when there was so much excitement for the summer collections, especially the Essie ones. Essie's collections are always on point and the 2013 Resort Collection for the summer was no different. When I saw this nail polish, specifically on Allison of Amarixe on Youtube, I knew I had to get it. On her, it was the prettiest light and bright aqua color.

When I first tried on this polish, I was slightly disappointed. I didn't take into consideration how it was look like on my more my medium skin tone. On me, it's more of a teal color and not the bright almost cotton candy color that I was expecting. I still wore it several times over the summer, and recently discovered that it is a great summer to fall transition color because it is a touch darker. I typically used three coats to get the color and opacity that I wanted.

What kinds of nail polishes have you been wearing lately?

disclaimer: This product was purchased by me. I wasn't compensated to do this post/review. All opinions are my own. Please do not take my pictures without my permission!

No comments:

Post a Comment