Sunday, October 13, 2013

Empties, Recyclables, & Throwaways #3


This is a post that's been so long overdue, that I will doing another ER&T post fairly soon. I had finished most of these products over the summer. Time really flies!


Softsoap Citrus Splash & Berry Fusion Moisturizing Body Wash
Over the past few years, I've been very loyal to Softsoap's body washes, mostly for the amazing scents. They're not innovative, but they make taking a shower feel so nice. The Citrus Splash and Berry Fusion smelt wonderfully sweet, citrusy, & refreshing. It wasn't at all sickeningly sweet. The only problem that I have with this line of body washes are that they aren't moisturizing at all. I do find them a bit drying, especially in the colder months. It was fine during the summer, but I don't think I would repurchase until the spring, if at all.

Up & Up Moisturizing Hand Soap in Aloe Vera
I bought this at Target when I was in a pinch and looking for a new hand soap. I picked this specifically because of the price and the keyword: moisturizing. It was a nice hand soap, but it was nothing special. The aloe vera scent was light. I would definitely repurchase it. 
With Up & Up products, I recommend downloading the Cartwheel app for Target because they have coupons for their brand (and others sold at Target), which makes the price even better!

Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm
I've already posted a review of this cleanser awhile back, but I'm happy to say I have since repurchased it. I got this tub back in the middle of May and finished it in July. I enjoyed every last bit of it. I realized that I was probably using too much, so this second tub that I'm on has lasted me quite a bit longer. I will  definitely continue to repurchase this!

Bath and Body Works 3 Wick Candle in French Baguette 
This candle was a limited edition product that I actually had 2 of, one mini one and the big three wick. I had finished the small one months ago and just wanted to finish this one. This scent was so amazingly realistic like there was fresh baked bread in my room. It was buttery and delicious smelling. It was also really good for neutralizing odors. Such a shame that it was limited edition!

L'Oreal Evercreme Deep Nourishing Masque
I got this sample from a Target beauty bag that I got awhile ago. I had tried the shampoo and conditioner, but didn't like it at all. It made my hair feel very greasy and look very flat. I thought this mask was alright. I didn't do miracles for me. I'm not obsessed with the idea of hair masks in the first place because I don't really like waiting around for the mask to work its magic in my hair, especially in the shower. I have a lot of hair, so I also think there wasn't enough product. The smell was incredibly sweet (almost overbearing), which was kind of a turn off for me as I'm not that sensitive to scents,
I have read lots of good reviews about this line and the mask, so I still may try out the full size once I run out of my Aussie 3 Minute Miracle.

Bonus Empty! (Because I'm forgetful)


photo credit
Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum
Please excuse this picture from Drugstore.com; I forgot to include this in the group shot, & it's incredibly difficult to photograph something with mirrored packaging. 
This used to be my favorite eyeliner for awhile. This particular pen was the second one I used up. Unfortunately, I can't really say that it's my favorite eyeliner still. (To be fair, I feel like I don't have a favorite eyeliner in general.) The first pen of this I had lasted a really long time, over many months. Even when I did parted with it, it was only because I wasn't careful & bent one of the bristles permanently. However, I do recommend this eyeliner to beginners because it's incredibly easy to use. The Ultra Black version was quite black, & the brush tip makes it easy to apply. I would just tilt it on its side, & I had perfect eyeliner in one fell swoop.
The only reason I parted with my second pen was that it had dried up really quickly, so it didn't apply evenly. It's also not waterproof, which is not a great option for me as I'm a really emotional person with watery eyes! I would buy this in a pinch if it was on sale, but I wouldn't immediately repurchase it though.

Another long winded post for you all! Any products that you are happy to have parted with?

disclaimer: These products were purchased by me, except for the L'Oreal Masque, which I received through Target's Beauty Bag program. I wasn't compensated to do this post. All opinions are my own. Please do not take my pictures without my permission!

1 comment:

  1. ah, French Baguette. The end of an era. A wonderfully smelling one at that!

    ReplyDelete