Thursday, October 24, 2013

Nearly Naked


Usually when a foundation garners a crazy amount of hype in the beauty blogging/Youtube world, I tend to wait until the verdict's out. This foundation was no exception...


Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation is one of the few more well known drugstore foundations that boasts light coverage and a skin like finish. As a result of these claims, bloggers and Youtubers were going crazy for the stuff. I waited until well into summer to try it out.

This foundation was a great summer foundation. It had a dewy finish on my face. It didn't feel heavy on the skin at all. The coverage was nice, especially on my good skin days. My summer shade was in 180 Medium Beige, which worked well for my summer (slightly) tanned skin tone.


 I did have a few problems with this foundation though. The smell was surprisingly strong, especially for a face product. I could smell it even when it was on my face. I did get used it to though. With my combination skin over the summer, I sometimes would look a little too dewy, which is just basically the product of the hot temperatures times me sweating too much. The lasting power was nothing special for a lighter coverage foundation. I wouldn't really recommend this for people with oily skin. My main problem with this foundation is that it irritated my skin, especially my acne. When I took off the foundation, my zits looked angrier, even if it was awhile after I had taken off my makeup. It really was a shame that I couldn't really wear this foundation. It would've been great for the colder months, when my skin tends to dry up and not be so oily.

What foundations have you found that didn't live up to the hype?

disclaimer: This product was purchased by me. I wasn't compensated to do this post/review. All opinions are my own. Please do not take my pictures without permission!


No comments:

Post a Comment