Monday, October 21, 2013

Fashion Favorite: Old Navy Military Jacket

Welcome to my first fashion post on this blog! I'm definitely more into makeup than fashion. I pretty much feel like I wear the same 4 outfits all the time. Shopping isn't usually all that fun for me unless the mood strikes! I have been trying to dip my toes into some of the trends this past Fall, starting with the search for the perfect military jacket!


A military style jacket is ideal for fall (and spring) because they aren't too light or heavy, which is perfect if you live in an area with finicky weather like I do. At first, I was against an army green jacket when searching for spring outerwear because I felt was too heavy of a color for the impending warmer temperatures. A few blogposts, Youtube videos, changes in the weather & a fashionable little sister changed my mind. I was tired of wearing zippered sweaters and pullovers!

After searching online for what seemed like ages, I stumbled upon my perfect army green military style jacket on Oldnavy.com. This Women's Zip-Front Military Military Jacket was just what I was looking for, at a great price at that! I didn't know that Old Navy's website had such a wide range of sizes like petite, tall, & plus size (that aren't available in stores). It also comes in a beige color if you're interested, but sizes are limited in both of the colors. It also is currently on sale, so definitely check them out ASAP!

The quality of the jacket is really nice, especially for the reasonable price tag. It feels quite substantial, like it won't rip or ruined easily. I got the Petite in XXL. I'm only 5 feet tall, & I didn't want a longer jacket to make me look even shorter. I'm not sure if you can tell, but there's a considerable amount of wiggle room since I ordered an XXL jacket. I wanted to get a larger size so it would be perfect for layering when it gets even colder out. The drawstring in the middle is perfect for giving yourself a more flattering shape. I also love the all the pockets, as evidenced in the top right pocket which was housing my camera lens.

I have to admit, this jacket hasn't seen much action because it's been really warm where I am. Though I do suspect I'll be wearing this for many seasons to come. These pictures were taken in New York City on a Soho side street on a wonderfully chilly day. I will be doing a photo diary post about it in the near future, so be on the lookout for that!

What pieces in your wardrobe have you been loving lately?

disclaimer: This product was purchased by me. I was not compensated to do this post. All opinions are my own. Please do not take my photos without permission!

No comments:

Post a Comment