Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Empties, Recyclables, & Throwaways #2


This edition of ER&T consists mostly of products that just don't work for me anymore, or perhaps never worked for me in the first place. I've made a commitment to continually clean out my makeup stash, throwing out old and/or bad products or give them away to friends or family members. I also don't want to keep expired products around. It's always nice to have a streamlined collection.

Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer: Originally from the UK, I became interested in this brand when it debuted in the US because it claims to have a clean formula with vitamins & goodies for the skin. I bought this moisturizer after I finished my Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. When I bought it, I didn't check out the ingredients, which was a mistake on my part. The fourth ingredient is mineral oil, which I've been trying to stay away from. (I don't think my skin gets irritated from it, but it's known to clog pores & just not be very nice for the skin. Some people do like it because it sits nicely on their skin, but I don't want to risk irritation.) Whenever I applied this moisturizer, it stung and burn my face. It wasn't too strong that I didn't want to use it forever but it was pretty annoying. I used it until I got a new moisturizer. It also wasn't moisturizing enough for my combination skin. I ended up giving it to me sister who has oily skin, & she likes to use it at night. To each their own!

Covergirl Lashblast Volume Mascara: I used to love this mascara, but I realized recently that it wasn't doing anything for my lashes. It didn't give me a lot of volume, and my lashes looked dark and stubby. The only thing I like about it is that it doesn't smudge on me. The waterproof formula is notorious for being hard to remove. This particular tube was really old, so I had to throw it away.

Jordana Easyliner For Eyes in Denim Blue, Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart, & the Palladio Shadow Liner & Crayon in Espresso
Jordana Easyliner For Eyes in Denim Blue: I rediscovered this old liner in my stash, even though I thought I threw it out awhile ago. I had this particular pencil for years. I loved it during freshman year of college. It's a nice navy blue that is less harsh than black. I've read that blue liner can make the whites of your eyes look brighter. I can't say it did that, but it was nice having something different. I wouldn't repurchase this, just because it doesn't come in a waterproof formula. My sister has it & loves it for everyday.

Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart: It pains me to say that I don't like this lip butter, but I really don't! I got this before I realized that blue toned pinks (and most pinks) don't suit me. I feel like they clash with my yellow undertones and don't help the color of my teeth. I would pat on a little bit, which looked ok, but wouldn't last long & was too much work for the payoff. The formula was nice & consistent with the other lip butters, but the color wasn't doing me any favors.

Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub: I loved this lip scrub! It tasted chocolatey & minty, basically all around delicious! It really cleaned up my lips & preppy them for any lip products that I wanted to put on next. I couldn't use it everyday because it is quite harsh, in a good way. I had to do away with it because it had expired. I will definitely repurchase at some point. Lush isn't that readily available in my area, & I've already bought the ELF lip scrub to replace it.

Palladio Shadow Liner & Crayon in Espresso: This was the first cream shadow pencil that I ever bought. I don't know why I picked such a dark brown, but I did. This pencil was pretty dry, & the color skipped when I applied it. I couldn't apply shadows over it because they couldn't adhere. It wasn't wearable for me on my lids because it's darker than I usually like.

Feels really good to post one of these because it means I'm getting use out of the products that I have and/or being clean and organized! What products have you used up lately?

disclaimer: These products were purchased by me. I wasn't compensated to do this post/these reviews. All opinions are my own. Please do not take my pictures without my permission!

No comments:

Post a Comment