Monday, June 24, 2013

Empties, Recyclables, & Throwaways #1


Finishing a product is probably one of the most satisfying feelings known to man. Pumping out the last bit of moisturizer or scooping up the last glob of a facial mask really makes me feel really good! This first edition of ER&T consists mostly of skincare products that I used up awhile ago, but thought I would be worth mentioning them here.

Flirt! Chickstick Smooth & Shiny Lipcolor in Bashful: Flirt! Cosmetics is exclusively sold at Kohls stores & Kohls.com. I remember being attracted to this makeup brand while on many a trip to Kohls with my mom during their weekend sales. This particular lipstick is super old, so I just have to throw it out. The color didn't seem the same as when I first got it. It also is much more shiny & moisturizing than I remember. Then again, I have a terrible memory. Nonetheless, this color isn't all that flattering on me. It's a light pink with a hint of peach. The peach made it wearable for me, otherwise I stay clear of baby pink lip products, especially cool toned ones. I used it apply a little bit on my lips & rub it in. I don't know if I can recommend it just because I haven't used it in forever.



I've kept these Lush products for awhile now because if you bring in five of the small black jars, you can get a fresh face mask for free!

Lush Cosmetics Cupcake Fresh Face Mask: My first Lush mask! This chocolate-like mask is for oily skin and/or spotty skin. Unfortunately, I didn't get much use out of this one. I had a hard time using it because it would be hard and dry since I left in the fridge until right before I wanted to use it. Also the expiration date on these maks don't give you much time to use them, 2 weeks maximum. This is a pro and a con because it means they don't use preservatives, but you have to use them up really quickly. I may try this mask again, but there isn't a Lush store that close to me. I would also be nervous because I have combination skin, so I wouldn't want it to dry me out.

Lush Cosmetics BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask: This Lush mask was one that I really enjoyed during the short time that I had it. It is marketed for people who have sensitive skin. I remember it being very soothing and nice, presumably because of the oatmeal. It also reduced the redness all around my face and was a bit moisturizing. Definitely a hit in my book & would repurchase in the future!

Lush Dream Cream Body Lotion: Dream Cream is one of those products that so many people love.  In the description on the website, it says that Dream Cream is Lush's best-selling product of all time. How could I resist? The regular sized pot is a whopping $26.95, which would definitely break the bank for me. It doesn't even look like the smaller size is sold anymore. This body lotion was nothing special for me. I didn't really like the smell, which I remembering being like baby powder but a bit off. It wasn't life changing, just a regular body lotion.

Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer: This is probably my third bottle of this moisturizer. It was one of my first moisturizers that I used when I started to care about my skin in middle school or high school.  It's a nice light moisturizer that's perfect for the day time. Years later, I've found that this isn't cutting it for me. When using it in the morning during the colder months, I found that I was using a lot of it because my dry patches (on my cheeks) would drink it up & still not be moisturized enough.  I can't support its claim about helping acne prone skin because my skin doesn't react much to salicylic acid. I would recommend this for people with oily skin because it's light & does the job.

Quite the long winded post! What products have you finished up that you would or wouldn't repurchase?

follow me on bloglovin'!
disclaimer: These products were purchased by me. I wasn't compensated to do this post/these reviews. All opinions are my own. Please do not take my pictures without my permission!

No comments:

Post a Comment