Saturday, November 23, 2013

Empties, Recyclables, & Throwaways #4


This particular group of empties were mostly products that I wanted to get rid of. They had overstayed their welcome, & I was done with them!


Sheet Masks: The Face Shop Vita E Hydro Gel Mask Sheet, The Face Shop Nature Mask Rice, The Face Shop Hyaluronic Acid Essential Mask Sheet 
I don’t think that face masks are a miracle product that will magically transform your face. You have to use them regularly to start to see any signs of effects. I see  them more as moisturizing boosters after I shower. I don’t have all the face masks I used pictured, but to me, they pretty much do the same thing. I get the bulk of my sheet masks from The Face Shop, a Korean beauty and skincare brand, which has store fronts in New York City. I do remember the hyaluronic acid mask being particularly sticky. Otherwise, I would definitely purchase them again.

Swan Nail Polish Remover
I get this nail polish remover from my local bargain store, Deals, which is affiliated with Dollar Tree. I’m only faithful to this brand because of its $1 price tag and how it gets the job done.

Palladio Herbal Eyeshadow Primer
This primer was the first one that I tried when I started doing my own makeup thanks to Emilynoel83. It was pretty much the only affordable option compared to Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I’ve gone through several tubes of it since my early makeup days. It’s a solid staple in my collection. That being said, I may deviate from it to try other drugstore eye primers that have since come out. I do have a backup of it just because I would never want to be without any eye primer.


The Face Shop E’thym O2 Water Aura Cream
One great thing about The Face Shop is they tend to give out samples whenever you make purchases in store. I got two samples of this cream awhile back. I remember enjoying it the two times I’ve used it. It didn't make my face feel sticky after I applied it, & it was decently moisturizing. It is definitely in the running to be a moisturizer that I pick up next.

Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion
I got a bunch of free samples from Mario Badescu's website by filling out a skin care analysis survey, one of which was the Special Cucumber Lotion. Unfortunately I got the worst skin reaction that I've ever had from this product. At that point I had taken a break from it because I felt that I was using too many toners on my face (I was right!). I used it one night to finish it off, & the next morning I had a seriously puffy and red face. You can definitely bet that I will not purchase the full size. Even sans the nasty reaction, I wouldn't get it because it contains alcohol.

Lumene Sensitive Touch Eye Makeup Remover
I bought this product on clearance at CVS a couple of years ago. It has been discontinued, but even if it was being sold, I wouldn't buy it. When I applied this on a cotton pad on my face, it was get bubbly, like soap. It also irritated my eyes & made the skin around it tacky yet dry. I was so happy to be done with it, especially since I felt like it was never ending.

Another ER&T has come and gone, & thank goodness for that! Have you used up any products that you're happy to finish?

follow me on bloglovin'!
disclaimer: All products were purchased by me, except for the Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion, which I received as a sample through their website. I wasn't compensated to do this post. All opinions are my own. Please do not take my pictures without permission!

No comments:

Post a Comment