Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year's Eve Nails


Although I had an anti climatic New Year's, I still wanted the sparkle and shine associated with the end of the year.


I wanted something dark yet sparkly on my nails so I went with Essie's Licorice & Sally Hansen Gem Crush Nail Color in Glitz Gal. I took these pictures almost a week after I had applied the nail polish, & I thought the look of my nails wasn't that bad. I find that glitters tend to last a long time on me because they're so difficult to get off.


Licorice is a simple opaque black nail polish. The real star of the show is Glitz Gal. The base is a sheer gray color, & it has a crap ton of glitter! The texture isn't too thick, so it's great for layering for an opaque layer of shimmer. I wasn't going for that look, but it's definitely an option. There are tiny gray pieces, as well as bigger silver and iridescent glitter pieces. It is absolutely gorgeous & made for a perfect manicure!


What was on your nails for the end of 2013?

disclaimer: These products were purchased by me. I wasn't compensated to do this post. All opinions are my own. Please do no take my pictures without permission!

No comments:

Post a Comment