Monday, July 15, 2013

Subtle Highlight for the Masses

This picture makes the highlight looks really peachy, but it's not!
I have to admit that I was terrified of highlighters up until this year. I have a round face with fuller cheeks and problematic skin and was afraid that it would emphasize the wrong features. Shimmer and sparkle don't do well with me in terms of face products, so I was on the hunt for a subtle highlight. Emilynoel83 of Beauty Broadcast was/is always raving about this product, but I found that it was difficult to find in my area drugstores. Once I spotted it at a CVS, I snatched it up. Ever since, Wet n Wild's Color Icon Bronzer SPF 15 in Reserve Your Cabana been my go-to for giving myself a subtle glow

a more accurate picture
This enormous sized highlight smells like a light sweet sunscreen, but only when you put your nose right up to the product. It contains SPF 15, which only can be a good thing. I imagine even if it flashes back a little in photographs, that will be emphasize the right features. The cream color leans slightly slightly peachy, but would look great on any skin tone. I'm not sure what the effect would be like on really fair skin tones because part of the magic is that it lightens my skin color wherever I apply it.

a concentrated swatch & a sheered out swatch
This highlighter is not only very pigmented, but also blends out beautifully. To apply this product, I use my Real Techniques Setting Brush. I apply it on my cheekbones, my brow bone, and on my cupid's bow. It gives a really nice light glow without any distracting shimmer or frostiness. Before I had my setting brush, I used my finger, and it still looked really nice. I have heard of people using this under their eyes over concealer or even all over the face. I can't say that I've done it, but it doesn't seem like a bad idea. It brightens while giving a little bit of a glow.

What products have you been using to highlight?

disclaimer: This product was purchased by me. I wasn't compensated to do this post/review. All opinions are my own. Please do not take my pictures without my permission!

No comments:

Post a Comment